domingo, 5 de octubre de 2008

Stonehenge


In this post I am going to comment the findings related with Stonehenge, based on a video from BBC.
For many years, scientists have made researches, theories for trying to find answers to what was the purpose of the Stonehenge and also why people from the past, were able to put huge rocks in a circle.
Scientists have found theories. The first one explains that where Stonehenge was located, it was chose for astronomical reasons and the second one says that Stonehenge might have been a place for healing people. Because there were found bodies buried with some signs.
Thinking on Stonehenge, I have concluded that during this period the frequent use of huge rocks might have been in order to protect themselves from some other tribes´ attacks or it might have been used as a way of communication. Another conclusion that I have made is that people who lived in Stonehenge maybe used these rocks as a way of expression, these huge rocks maybe contain a meaning beyond what we see.
The video has helped me to reflect about the hypothesis that researches have found and I really enjoyed to watch the video. So, now my believes about Stonehenge have changed because I know more real facts than before. Also, I understood that monuments mean the important part that human play in the history of the world.

No hay comentarios: