jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2009

Victoria: The Waste Land



I decided to comment this entry because the poem is really interesting for me too.
I agree with Victoria when she mentions that the first line depicts that this piece of writing has been considered one of the most important poems.
It is really catchy to read “April is the cruellest month". It is evident that the author tries to put emphasis on the difficulties lived in those times. That is what causes that the beginning of the poem starts in that way, like a kind of warning in order to involve the reader.

I think it would have been attractive that you wrote about existentialism in order to understand better what Elliot wanted to reveal about life and death. The poem was written after the First World War that is why death was presented in the poem as a relevant issue.

I really liked Victoria’s entry because it really made me think some of the most relevant topics present in The Waste Land as realistic themes and not as an exageration.

No hay comentarios: