domingo, 13 de septiembre de 2009

F r a n k e n s t e i n !


At the beginning of this course I thought incorrect things in relation to Literature. For example, I had never thought that writers could note down such wonderful ideas beyond their stories. Those ideas are mainly related to social issues like discrimination, self- esteem, happiness and so other things.

Honestly, my way of seeing life has suffered changes and the image of “the monster” I had in mind about Frankenstein is totally unlike.
I really enjoyed the story reflecting on the issues presented on it. The most relevant for me is the way in which all the things that enclose us have an influence in our life. Why do we assume what others believe about us is right? In this way we lose our authenticity. So, we must not let that differences affect the way we think or damage our feelings, as Frankie Jr. lived thinking he was a monster, a stain upon the earth from which all men fled and whom all men disowned.

In my opinion, Frankie Jr. was just the creation of Victor and he represented the desire of power. Frankie Jr. was not bad; on the contrary he just wanted to find his identity in order to reach his happiness. While I was reading the story, I felt very emphatic with him. I mean, every thought he had, made me reflect on how unfair life is.



To conclude, Frankie Jr. suffered discrimination, unhappiness, loneliness, emptiness, low self-esteem and rejection. This is the way poor people feel living in a society in which they can not be part of the progress.
This poem would be very useful to teach students to put themselves into someone else’s shoes.

No hay comentarios: